During his tenure at CI Capital Holding till April 2011, Karim Helal concluded a special relationship and an official MOU with China Development Bank, forged a strategic partnership with DBS Bank (Singapore), investment (Turkey), and the Korea Development Bank. He also oversaw the launch of the ASIA PACIFIC business of CI Capital in Hong Kong. Regularly featured speaker at several Euro Money, Super Returns, Global Trade Matters conferences, International Global Forum of the American's and events in Cairo, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Canada and the USA. Published articles and interviews in Forbes, Oxford Business Group Reports, USA today, New York Times, Institutional investor, Middle East Finance, Euro Money Publications, MEED and Global Trade and Investment Report.
In September 2012, received the Medays Business Award from the Amadeus Institute of Morocco.
▪ Chairman ADIB Capital (the investment arm of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank in Egypt).
▪ Chairman of Asia Egypt Business Association (AEBA).
▪ Managing director of corporate finance and investor relations –Carbon Holdings
▪ Non-executive director Colliers International.
▪ Member of the Egyptian Stock Exchange EGX Index Committee.
▪ Appointed by Minister of investment to the committee for managing national state assets in December 2014.
Previous roles included:
- Economic advisor to the Egyptian Tourism federation which culminated in the launch of the papyrus tourism fund.
- Board member Housing and development bank.(a publicly listed company.
- Board member maridive oil services company ( publicly listed company)